Skip to main content

http://community.webshots.com/album/549823041AxaPVK

Here are some pictures of the catering job.
Notices in some of the pictures there is a small glass bowl with PrisonChef's Mustard Sauce we were tasting the pulled pork and man!!! was it good with the Mustard sauce!!!!

It was a success, even in the rain we still pulled it off!! I did announce it was my last job because of logistics and it just wears me out. I have a long writeup, but sisn't know if anyone would want to read it.

Here's some information on the event.
Hey guys -

Approximate timing for Saturday night is...

8:00 - Show starts (Act I)
9:00 - Intermission
9:15 - Act II starts
9:45 - Show over

9:45 is the earliest serving time we should plan for. Tonight they have their first live audience, so laughter/audience response could add 5-10 minutes to the show. Plus if they don't start right at 8:00, that could affect things also.

Note that we do not have much time between the end of the intermission and the show being over - only 30 minutes! That is probably the shortest time we have ever had to work with. So we really need to move when the intermission ends.

Our menu:
Meatballs in Wild Mushroom sauce
Italian Sausage with Onions and Peppers
Smoked Pulled Pork
Green Beans with Shallots and Sun Dried Tomatoes
Coleslaw
Baked Beans
Penne with Pesto

Labels for the sauces:
Cattleman's Smoky BBQ sauce
Prison Chef's Mustard BBQ sauce

dan
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

dan,
way to go guy!!!!!!!!!!
you really pulled off a hard menu but after seeing the pics it was ez to understand. your prep area was laid out great!!!! i just wish i could get the dummies i work part time with to understand that a well laid out prep station is the key to whole thing!!!!!
sure don't understand your last event notice as you already have the hard part over with and sure do prove you have what it takes to pull of events like these
jack
ps. sure like your helper cody. i think him and moose would have a great time helping if they ever got together
Thanks Jack and Donna for the Kudos!!!

The prep kitchen was my sisters new house. Her husband (Dave) and I did all the prep work there and usecd three large coolers to transport.

Coty...he he, loves to cuddle, he has a very loud bark!!! but is real friendly.

I had 6 people (including myself) helping, anymore bodies and they would get in the way.

I can't get enough of your Mustard sauce, I'm going to make it again, it's a winner!!!!

dan

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.