Skip to main content

I believe the link is lost to this old post, so I thought I'd add it back in..

A long time member of our forum,Jumpin' Jim,cooked on traditional Cookshacks and FECs while he dominated chicken cooking on the circuit for a number of years.

Many top teams still use some version of the technique Jim graciously shared with us.

Then,Bill and Barb Milroy,Texas Rib Rangers, shared their long time rib technique.

We have been calling this the John Trigg/Ribdog/MaxQue in our long discussions about "copying" the Pitmasters TV show.

The Mlroy's are from the Denton/Dallas area and Trigg was from Dallas and now near Ft Worth.

Many comp teams still use this as the foundation of their comp rib turnins.

Re: Tinfoil!!! (2/13/2001 12:15:03 AM by Texas Rib Rangers)

I've been cooking in compentions for 24 years and started using foil back then and still do.Jumpin Jim passed along one of his secrets so here comes mine. Smoke your ribs for 2-3 hours then wrap with foil. Before you put the ribs in the foil put some Brown Sugar & Honey on the foil put meat side down,then put some on the ribs then close the foil. Before closing completely put some Apple juice (about 2-3 oz.) and put back on cooker.After about an hour check Ribs if done pull them. About 30 min. before turn-in mix juice off rib with Texas Rib Rangers Spicy sauce and baste Ribs on grill to glaze them. Mix about 3 parts sauce to 1 part juice. Now you know the Rib Rangers story. Good Luck and Happy Q'n Bill

Just a couple reasons the forums have greatly reduced all our learning curves.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.