Skip to main content

Ran across this recipe several years ago and forgot all about it. Was looking for something different to make and ran across it today. Was originally developed by a professor of agriculture back in the 50's, he also invented the chicken nugget. GOOD STUFF!

Sorry no pics, was ripping out some Arborvitae's by my garage that were almost two stories high this afternoon. Hated those things. By the time I got around to making dinner I was exhausted.

Here's the Original Recipe and as a bonus Professor Baker shows you how to build your own grill, as well as quantities you'll need to feed 300.

I cut the recipe down in half. for one bird.

1 egg
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup vinegar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp Cookshack Spicy Chicken Rub
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

Beat the egg, slowly whisk in the oil, then whisk in the vinegar and spices.

Original recipe says to throw the chicken on the grill and baste it with the sauce. But almost every other post I found said to marinade it first, which is what I did. A bunch of the posts I've seen on various sites say to cut back on the salt, which is what I did as well. I cut up a whole fryer into quarters, poked the skin with a knife all over and marinated it in the sauce for about 6 hours then onto the grill. Cooked indirect for most of the time, saucing the pieces and turning about every 15 minutes or so. Then on to the hot side near the end to crisp up the skin. Basically followed Meathead's Recipe.

Crispy skin, great flavor, little bit of zing from the vinegar but not overpowering. I'll be making this again.
Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.