Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

Today I made my best ribs ever : )
Fall of the bone tender
My family loved them.

Two slabs of Spares weight was 9.49 pounds.
Each was aproximently 4.75 pounds

I got the spares from Costco.
This time they had two kinds of spares to chose from.
Cryo pack and non cryo pack.
I chose the non cryo pack.
Does that mean that they were fresh?
The taste was out of this world.

2.5 ounces of hickory wood.
Half ounce of cherry wood.

Cookshack rib rub.
smoker temp was set at 225.
first slab was done in six hours.
second slab was done at six and a half hours.

Here are some photos enjoy.

Thank you,
Brian E.

Attachments

Images (6)
  • DSC04075w
  • DSC04079w
  • DSC04083w
  • DSC04085w
  • DSC04086w
  • DSC04088w
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Brian,

You are way too generous (and appreciated too), for posting your pics and success from your rib cook. Very happy for you and your family chowing down to some awesome ribs. My last attempt had my guests really happy, but I was not as enthused. Thanks to you, the next time I do spares, I will be using your technique...and I am looking so forward!

Cheers,
Jeff

P.S.
Lately, my best successes have been from fish cooks in my AmeriQue. Mostly I've been doing 90 minutes @200º, and smoking over applewood. Yesterday I used my probe for the first time. Two 1 1/4 pound Sturgeon fillets. It took about 1 3/4 hours for the interior temp of the fish to hit 140º, and the fish was ummmazing.

I've been obsessing like crazy about chicken cooks, wondering how to achieve crispy skin. Now that I've come to trust the AmeriQue probe feature, my next experiment (this Wednesday) will be to probe chicken halves, and do the cook at 300º. It will be interesting to see how fast the chicken cooks to my desired internal temperature, and also to see the texture of the skin.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.