Skip to main content

we have been using our fec100 hard since october of last year.
at 4 am this morning the auger quit working. since i had to load for the farmers market i moved all product over to the sm150 to finish.
i did vauum out the hopper and it looks like the shear pin broke but since to get to the access panel i have to unbolt both the reefer and freezer and get them out of the way i still havent done that.
am i upset??
nope!!!!
this unit has run, at a minimum, every friday from 9am to saturday at 12.30pm in all kinds of weather.
also i know cookshack's service department is great so i just sent them a heads up email that i will be calling monday afternoon to order parts and get instructions on how to install the pin.
all in all the fec is well built and i highly recommend both it and the sm models.
jack
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Jack,

We had the exact same thing happen just before we left for one of our daily runs, several weeks ago. The brisket and the butt were finished cooking, but I neeeded the FEC for more cooking through the day. Patrick attacked the problem and had it fixed in a half hour. I thought we were sunk, but it was an easy fix. It is a little cap screw, 632 or maybe a 3 0r 4 metric, with a nylok nut. Patrick's biggest problem was getting the screws off on the panel. We are short spaced in that area. He was wishing for two or three inches more working room. Anyway, it was an easy fix. Have fun!

Kate

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.