Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Just to be accurate since you asking about the control panel are you talking about the probe for the smoker itself?

You can't find "other" probes to use in the Probe function, they're pretty high tech versions. While there may be something out there, CS has discussed in the forum the expense for their version. It's not just a plug and replace thing.

Or are you talking about using the remote probes (check the thermometers forum) to use separately?
Thanks for clarifying.

The probe with the cooker is useful for the "cook and hold feature" where you set the finishing temp and it goes to hold automatically.

I don't have one, so maybe someone with a photo can post it (or send to me and I will)

Otherwise, call CS and ask them, maybe they have a photo to show you not on the website?
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinOkie:..The probe with the cooker is useful for the "cook and hold feature" where you set the finishing temp and it goes to hold automatically...
the cook and hold feature? is that only on the AQ?

If getting a remote temp probe for the essential, try and get an extra/spare probe with it. That way you can probe twice and switch the probe plugends back and forth while cooking without opening door. Like having two remotes. Helps with large cuts or when cooking on multiple racks.

...or until you've done a hundred and don't need it any more Big Grin
Last edited by Former Member

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.