Skip to main content

Great news for everyone waiting for information on the 2006 Fast Eddy's Championship Cooking Class. We have set a date (Friday, December 8th) and have confirmed instructors (Fast Eddy and Paul Schatte). For more information on the class, please click here.

I am now taking reservations, so if you wish to attend, please call me (Cayley) at 1-800-423-0698. Space is limited, so I recommend registering early. The cost of the class is $200.00, which can be applied to the cost of an FEC if purchased following the class. I look forward to talking to you!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Were will the class be held??

How cooker specific will the class be. I just bought a FEC500. Wiil the class address this type of cooker, or will it be mainly meat prep techniques.

Any chance the puchase of cooker, could be retro for the class?
Last edited by Former Member
The class will be held here in Ponca City, Oklahoma, home of Cookshack. We are going to hold it in what is normally the residential assembly area of our manufacturing plant, so we can be nice and warm while having easy access to the smokers (which will be kept right outside the side doors). This also gives everyone plenty of elbow room.

The class will deal mainly with the meat, from meat selection, to trimming, to seasoning and cooking, to presentation. Both Eddy and Paul go very in depth with their techniques, so each step of their process is covered.

We will be using approximately 16 FEC100's and at least 1 FEC500 to smoke the meat in, so the actual cooking of the meat will be cooker specific, but Eddy and Paul's techniques will be more universally applicable (Paul has yet to convert to pellet burners). There will be time to talk about how to get the best results from your FEC.

And sorry, no, we are not letting previous purchases of FEC's apply towards the cost of the class, because then we would have to arbitrarily make up a cut-off date for when we would let that apply back to.

Let me know if you all have any other questions or want to register.

Thanks!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.