Skip to main content

Let me make this clear from the start. I will not be asking for unconditional money back. I'm more than satisfied with my cs essential 020(my little black box), but my mother has taught me since a boy when you make a MISTAKE you own up to it, try to make it right if possible.So here it goes!!!

Donna,Stuart,and all the cs employees(past,present,and future) I am SORRY for not buying my cs020 from you directly, no excuses. I regret this like you will never know. When an American made company does business the correct way, it makes me feel like they deserve all the support that an American can provide. Again, I'm SORRY. I hope you will forgive me.

I'm sure, if I had ordered from them directly they would have told me about this fine forum and I would have done my homework,would have had 2 probes before hand.

To this forum I would like to say THANK YOU to each and every member. In the last 30 days I have been taught to think,read,laugh,and (thanks to Smokins Xmas letter)cry. That my friends is what life is all about!!!

GOD BLESS you all and your families. My next week your Q be better than this week and so on.

Your friend Cal(Calvin)
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

And,strangely enough, CS supports the product-kinda like one of their children.

If you bought it used at a yard sale and need help,the forum,sales,service,the owners and management still try to support you,as long as need be.
Smiler
They even will let you trade up,if your needs change,and might be able to sell you a reconditioned unit-with the warranty. Cool

Not many companies ,can you say that about. Big Grin

You will hear about a company that had CS make a unit for them to sell.

They then found the chinese prisoners could knock one off cheaper.

We still welcome the purchasers here and treat them like our own-but try to get all the rest of that lifetime support from the chinese. Roll Eyes
Cal;

You need to crack a cold one and eat more pork/beef. I bought my Q from the fine folks at The Charcoal Store after talking to the great folks at CS, who thought the world of these guys.

I'm glad you're smoking on a CS and on these boards.

While there are definitely Smoke Gods on the forum, you really don't have to kneel or bow.

Chow On

Jay
I am pretty sure Donna and everyone at CS is more than happy that you chose CS. It is no different than buying a car at a dealer. They are CS dealers. Even if you bought it a garage sale and it led you hear they are happy. So start smoking! In fact spend a whole weekend going nowhere but to the smoker. Oh, one more very important thing, RELAX and have FUN.

"They say I'm crazy, but I have a good time."
No regrets here. I bought my essential in May from an independent dealer. It performed perfectly until just before Christmas. My temperature display went haywire and I could not tell what the temperature was.

I emailed Cookshack on Christmas day and explained my dilemma. I did not expect an immediate response on a holiday.

A few minutes later I got an email from Tony from his Blackberry. He told me to call the company the following Monday and they would send me a replacement circuit board. I did so and the promptly sent the whole "black box" with the digital display.

Very good customer service! Love the smoker and now only use my Weber Bullet Smoker for low heat grilling.

Thank you, Tony.

Geno

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.