Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'll echo that last statement. I'm amazed at the level of generosity on the part of many of these forum members, such as smokinokie and Tom...not many forums elicit such devotion and patience. I've only been lurking here for ~6months, but it's been absolutely fantastic. So thanks for these 7 years, smokin', and Tom and everyone else. Life wouldn't be as tasty!
It was with some trepidation that we purchased our 008 in September of 2001 from John at the American Royal BBQ in Kansas City. His samples of Q were so delicious and tender, we couldn't believe we could get the same results at home. 7 ½ years later we can only say "it's the best investment we ever made."
Not sure how long I've been a CS owner, maybe around the turn of the century, but it's all been good. I only write to say thanks to Smokin Okie. I have used the little book from CS that came with the smoker for all my smoking needs until this Thanksgiving when I tried Smokin's brine and turkey smoking methods. It was great and I made another brine for the Christmas Turkey. I stole a bottle of my wife's Chardonnay and added it to the simple brine. Turkey got rave reviews. I saved that brine and got to hens the same size. One I brined for 12 hours and one I didn't. The brined bird after 3 hr. smoking was much bigger than the other and the taste was out of this world. Thank You Smokin Okie, I also used the cheesecloth on the hens and color was perfect with no bitter tasting skin. My family and I "Thank You".
John

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.