Skip to main content

Well here is my first run of ABTs on the PG1000. All I can say is WOW they were good. I've always had to play the broiler game after smoking them to get the bacon nice and crisp, however smoking the ABTs for about 1 hour at 200 degrees then increasing to 400 degrees for about 30 min (or until the bacon is done to your liking) did the trick. I stuffed these with, hot sausage, cream cheese, colby-jack cheese, and wrapped with peppered bacon.

ABTs on the PG1000

Never realized they fit on a bread plate so well...

Thanks to SmokinOkie for help with temps etc on the PG1000!

Nordy
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
DDB Posted February 28, 2011 09:11 AM
I wish I'd had those for breakfast this morning. Did you use thick cut bacon or regular?

I wish you wouldn’t have said that! Now I have to try that and my wife hates when I nuke something that’s been smoked in the morning when she’s trying to sleep

Nice job Nordy. I’ve always cut the tops off and cored my ABTs leaving them whole. Lately I’ve been considering splitting them in half to core them. Looks like you tipped the scale for me.
quote:
Originally posted by DDB:
I wish I'd had those for breakfast this morning. Did you use thick cut bacon or regular?

It was thick cut. That's one great thing about the pellet grill, being able to crisp thick cut bacon after smoking without using the broiler, or direct heat.

Arnie - Wish there was leftovers for breakfast!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.