Skip to main content

Getting ready to order my first pellet cooker (FEC-100) Anyone using the meat temp probe? Not sure if I should order this with the unit or not.
I like the idea of the grill temp going to a hold temp when the meat is done(reaches set temp). If the meat probe works, seems it should help during night cooks and if meat does get done early it will go to a hold temp vs continue cooking.
Open for suggestions.
Sorry for all of the questions but not used to a pellet cooker as I am now cooking on a Lang84.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

My advice would be "it depends"

If you plan on catering, and cooking full loads of meat and don't want to monitor it totally, then get the probe. You can put a full load of meat in there, pick the single one for your target size/temp. Set the probe temp and when it hits that temp, it will go to hold automatically. Nice idea if you're cooking to have them during the day and they finish at 4am.
SKSMOKER
let me know how well the probe works out for you. Good luck on your first cook. Let me know any tricks you may learn as I will be ordering my first FEC100 later today.

Thanks everyone for you help in deciding on the fec100. Looking forward to being a pellet cooker!!!!!!!!!!!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.