Skip to main content

Madera, California is having a BBQ Cook-Off and the first prize is $15,000 dollars ! If you love to Q then this is the place you need to be at. Live country band and a public vote that is worth $5,500 dollars you can't go wrong ! Our website is www.bbqspecialevents.com my number is 559)790-3402 and my name is Clarence Jackson Chief Coordinator any questions feel free to call me day or night.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Judging will be blind judging only. All you have to do is submit 10 single pieces of ribs and 10 single pieces of chicken and thats it ! We are making it so easy ! Only to get our name out there. Once people know who we are it will be a little more difficult next time. The public vote works like this everytime someone comes in the gate they will recieve three tickets to sample your bbq. If they like you bbq they can put up to three tickets in you box. The person with the most tickets by the end of the day will recieve a guaranteed check for $5,500 dollars.All money is 100% guaranteed we will have either the Sheriff department or the mayor present the check to you . Any more question please post.
Hi Tom ! The prize break down for the BBQ Cook-Off works like this. First prize is a guaranteed check for $15,000 dollars,Second prize is $2,500 dollars,Third prize is $1,500 dollar +Disneyland tickets, fourth prize is $500 dollars+$75.00 Old Navy Gift Card, Fifth prize is $250+$25.00 KOHLS Gift card. Then best booth will win $500.00 dollars
we also have the public vote where someone will win $5,500 dollars. All of our prizes are guaranteed we are a member of the Fresno Chamber of Commerce. There will be a live Country band and lots of other prizes,for example we will have a eating contest for a Sony 55"inch High Def Tv. We are giving away Dewalt tools sets, walkmans, the new x box 360, bikes, there will be clowns for the kids, face painters, beer booth, wine tasting and other neat activities. You do not want to miss out on this event. We will be inviting Kell Philps to join us for the evening from BBQ National News. Blind judging will be done by people from Ksee 24 action news, police officers, fire chief,and other city officials. If you have more question call me I will take your call collect 559)896-1743 my name is Clarence Jackson. Please go to our website at bbqspecialevents.com
Entry fee is $125 and your booth space is $125. A small price to pay for a purse so big.If you need extra space we will give it to you at no extra charge. If you want to feed the public that part of the contest is optional. The way that works is every time someone comes in the gate we are going to give them three tickets and this is to sample your bbq. Once they sample they can put all three or one ticket in your box at the booth. The person with the most tickets by the end of the day will recieve a check for $5,500. You don't have to participate but you are going to give someone else a greater
chance to win the public vote.
Thanks Clarence.
I'm interested but would like to see the specific judging rules in writing before I commit to a trip to California and call in the favors to get equipment there.
Judging a big cookoff is not a simple process and I'd feel much better if you had someone with experience heading that up.

You seem to have used the KCBS rules as a base, why not just hire them to run the judging? It will offer you a lot of credibility among the cookoff crowd. There are reps in California that would probably be willing to do it without much travel expense.

I'm also a little concerned about the folks who are holding those tickets for people's choice. They're gonna expect to eat some barbecue and they may not understand "We're not in that part of the event".

Still very interested.
www.drbbq.com
Hello Dr.BBQ ! Thank you for giving us a chance to prove to you and others what Contest & Special Events is all about. We are in talks right now with the reps in California . We will do what ever it takes to get people from other states out here to join us for the evening. The way the tickets work is everyone who wants to participate in that part of the contest they can.If you are not giving out samples just tell them you are not in that part of the event and they will move on. If you have any more question
feel free to write anytime we are here for you .
Hey Dr. BBQ, if you need to use a couple of FE-100's, tables, etc. and need a runner or whatever, keep me in mind. If you want a big pit and some helpers for the people's choice, I'm sure there a plenty of people that would help you out. If you need help, post a message at cbbqa.com on the message board - you have a lot of fans in California and I'm sure you'll get lots of help.

Also, Clarence, if you see this, you should contact the California BBQ Association about getting involved in this deal, they are involved in vending for charity at many events, look at the website at cbbqa.com.
Last edited by Former Member
quote:
Originally posted by Fred Smith:
Tom,
Different topic. I need to rent a cooker Super Bowl weekend in Palm Springs. Any ideas?

Hi, Fred,

This is Donna bonking you on top of your head: bonk! bonk! bonk!

You will get way better results to your question if you will start a new discussion (topic) than by sticking it down here in the middle of something else. Besides, if Smokin' catches you ... watch out. Big Grin

Donna

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.