Skip to main content

I'm used to me FEC-100 which comes up to temp right now. 90 Minutes in my CS-150 is at 171f. Load is four bone in pork shoulders and 20# Chuck roll cut in to three butt size chunks. Even loading over the middle three shelves with top and bottom shelf empty. All meat went it cold (32f-40f).

Is it normal for the temp to come up so slow? The meat is not touching the temp probe.

Thanks,

Konrad
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

konrad,
i ran into this very thing myself as peg has the sm150 and i have the fec100.
one thing i tried since we had a really big job that required both units to be used simaltaneously was to rig up 2 taylor remotes and to locate them in identical locations in both the fec and the sm. since all my run up notes were for the fec i set my temp on that and then manually matched the cooking temp in the sm. i also used the same pellet mix in the sm that i had in the fec by making a small foil container and poking 2 small holes in it. it took a while to get the temps matched but once i had acheived that their spikes seemed to be very similar. product quality out of both units was great.
hope this helps some
jack
Been playing with getting the smoke just right. I used a half cup of my 50/50 Hickory/Cherry blend of pellets loose in the wood holder. All that was left was ash.

Pity that "Set it and forget it" is taken as it sure applies to the CS-150.

Great Product, Great Flavor. Very Happy Smiler

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.