Skip to main content

I have a new FEC100 that arrived damaged. The Charcoal Store is doing me good and replacing the door that was ruined. I did notice where both swinging hinges on the left side are welded to the body of the smoker and on the right side where the latches are welded to the cooker that there are slight dents inward on the stainless box around all 4 pieces. I was told that all FEC100s have this from where the pieces are welded on. Do you people have these slight pushed in areas on yours if you run your hand over the outside of the box where the hinges are attached??? I just want to make sure that I dont have more damage than a door. I believe there should be some of this slight warping from welding but again just want to be sure on a new smoker. Thanks very much!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I am actually glad about that, than I believe a new door will fix it. I bought it from Dave at the Charcoal Store and he is sending me a replacement door. He is a great guy! I will surely use them again for the great customer service. He said if the door wasn't quite right, that he would take the door I am sending back and have a copy of that one made for my box. Thanks for your reply on the door as I am starting to ease my fears a bit now (:>Wink Thanks Everyone! Shane from Omaha Ne
Thanks guys and thanks Stuart. They do stand behind their product. What good people. I am so happy now! I have already got a door on the way from Dave the owner of the Charcoal Store. They as well have sent me a return label to send the other door back.. I called Cookshack today and had a couple of questions on the new FEC100 and they were very up and up. Thanks All! COOKSHACK ROCKS!!! (:>Wink

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.