Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Congrats on your purchase.

Planning on being mobile with it sounds like. Is it part of a larger set-up (trailer).

Good Question, haven't heard of a 750 running on batteries.

We need to ask CS what the Amp load is for those, to include when the igniter kicks in.

Give a call to Tony @ CS and ask what the electrical loads are for a 750.

The largest load is from the igniter and the first three minutes. After that it's the draw from the rotisserie.

Me, I think a portable generator would be better to handle the load.

Welcome to the Forum!

Russ
Hi Russ, for now I had it mounted on a 12 ft. trailer. John the Sales Mgr is the one who told me it could run on battery power and when I went to pick it up I asked him how big of a battery i would need to power it, and he referred me to the forum, that somebody here would know(found it kinda odd that he didn't know-- being the national sales mgr) anyway, its not critical right now, just wanting to know for future reference. I am planning on competing with it next weekend at Park City,KS., took RGC last year, and if pellet envy doesn't show up , maybe with a little luck I could get GC Smiler

Mike
I just looked up the specs on the FE 750. I will post them below here. I am not an electrician but I think you are going to need a generator to run this. The amp load is 1000 watts @ 120 volts. A Honda 2200 is what I would go with.

Hope this helps
Dan

FEC750 Specifications

"¢ 100% wood burning barbecue pit
"¢ Electronically controlled thermostat
"¢ Fuel source is 100% wood pellets
"¢ Black exterior, stainless steel interior construction (FEC750) or all stainless (FEC750SS)
"¢ 15 – 12x60" chrome plated steel rotisserie racks
"¢ 75 square feet of cooking space
"¢ 700 lbs. pork shoulder or beef brisket, 90 slabs of ribs (300 lbs.), 150 St. Louis or baby back ribs (315 lbs), or 100 chickens per load
"¢ 80 lb. pellet hopper capacity
"¢ 79"Hx87"Wx88"D
"¢ 18-gauge 304 stainless steel interior and exterior, powder coated steel exterior, 850ºF fiberglass insulation
"¢ 108,000 BTU burner
1000 watts @ 120 VAC
"¢ Auto-start
"¢ Uses 3 lbs. of pellets per hour at 250F.
"¢ Rotisserie racks, cookbook, Operator's Manual and Spice Kit containing 1 gal. Spicy Barbecue Sauce, 1 gal. Mild Barbecue Sauce, 5 lbs. Brisket Rub, 5 Ibs. RibRub, 5 Ibs. Spicy Chicken Rub, 10 oz. Chili Mix, 10 oz. Spicy Barbecue Sauce Mix, and 200 lbs. pellets
"¢ NSF approved and UL listed
"¢ Two convection fans
"¢ 2 year warranty & 100% Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee
"¢ Weighs 1,800 lbs.
Thanks Tom, I always wondered how they figured that out. I will print that out and keep it in my files. Here is the specs for the 750 off of the owners manual.

quote:
ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATIONS
"¢ 110 Volt, 60 Hz, single phase, 4 amp service required.
"¢ A 15 amp fuse is required on the control panel.
"¢ There is a 6.3 amp slow burn fuse on the back of the burner control.
"¢ Rotisserie motors are ¼ hp. Convection fans are ¼ hp each.
"¢ The fire pot igniter elements are 200 watts.
"¢ Auger motors and burner induction fans are 25 watts each.

I will let smokin54 do the math.

Dan
quote:
Originally posted by smokin54:
Hi new to the forum and new to pellet cooking. just bought the fe750 and was wondering what size marine battery would you recomend to run withit thanks

I just bought the FEC500 Eddy used in Reno. I asked him the same question. He said the draw would be too much when the rotisserie is running. Honda EU2000, or EU3000 is the way to go. I found a website that carries external fuel tanks so you can run your generator for 20 hours or more. The battery/inverter/charger work great on my FEC100. I can run for an easy 20 hours. Congratulations!!
Fast Freddie
Unless the normal running load after the igniters turn off is a lot less than 1000 watts battery life will be short and you would want a minimum of a 1500 watt inverter. The math is 1000 watts divided by 120 volts equals 8.33 amps. My big RV batteries ar rated at 102 amp hours so your only looking at 12 hours under ideal conditions and real world would be less. Now those batteries with 500 watt inverters run my FEC-100s just fine.

I'd suggest a Honda eu2000 or eu3000is. I have an eu3000is and love it. It runs very quiet. I run 2 FEC-100's plus 2 electric steam pans and lights off the Honda no problem. I keep my batteries as a backup because when I'm cooking for 12 days straight, 16+ hours a day I don't want to be recharging batteries.
Hey Freddie,

Would you mind sharing that website for the external fuel tanks? Thnx!

Rod

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Freddie/Love Shack BBQ:
quote:
Originally posted by smokin54:
Hi new to the forum and new to pellet cooking. just bought the fe750 and was wondering what size marine battery would you recomend to run withit thanks

I just bought the FEC500 Eddy used in Reno. I asked him the same question. He said the draw would be too much when the rotisserie is running. Honda EU2000, or EU3000 is the way to go. I found a website that carries external fuel tanks so you can run your generator for 20 hours or more. The battery/inverter/charger work great on my FEC100. I can run for an easy 20 hours. Congratulations!!
Fast Freddie
quote:
Originally posted by Konrad "Teddy Bear" Haskins:
Unless the normal running load after the igniters turn off is a lot less than 1000 watts battery life will be short and you would want a minimum of a 1500 watt inverter. The math is 1000 watts divided by 120 volts equals 8.33 amps. My big RV batteries ar rated at 102 amp hours so your only looking at 12 hours under ideal conditions and real world would be less. Now those batteries with 500 watt inverters run my FEC-100s just fine.

The RV batteries are rated at 102 amp hours at 12 Volts, at 120 Volts it would be 10.2 amp hours.
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Chilton:
The RV batteries are rated at 102 amp hours at 12 Volts, at 120 Volts it would be 10.2 amp hours.

Not sure if that is true. Real world I get several (3 to 4) days of all day cooking out of a fully charged 102 amp hour battery running one FEC-100 through an inverter. I ran one battery per cooker. Now they just sit there in case the Honda dies.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.