Skip to main content

I just wanted to share my experience in my FEC100 cooking Tri-Tips, I have done a lot of reading on the pro and cons of smoking a Tri-Tip.. And had to experience it all myself. I had a lot of my Neighbors over to taste and tell me what they thought.

So my first cook of Tri-Tips were absolutely perfect, so here is what I did..

I used 50/50 Hickory and Mesquite, Cooked at 224F cooked them slow till they reached 130F and pulled them, doubled wrapped them in foil in pairs and wrapped them in a this towel (which the wife wasn’t so happy) then stuck them in a small enclosed Coleman cooler.

I let them rest for 50 min. Then cut across the grain and served.

I prepped two Tri-Tips with my own rub, salt pepper, paprika, garlic, chili powder, rosemary, ginger.

I prepped one with injected with Balsamic Vinegar and Extra Virgin Olive Oil and dry rubbed with McCormick Montreal Steak Seasonings.

I prepped the last one with injected with Worster Sauce and rubbed with McCormick Montreal Steak Seasonings.

Final Conclusion, Everyone in my crowd said that it was the Best Tri-Tips they had ever eaten; they all had distinct flavors and was cooked to a perfect Medium Rare. I cut the Tri-Tips to a thickness of number 2 pencil using me new Kushner carbon stainless steel carving knife. All I can say is that it was the Best Cook of any meat that I ever cooked..
You should of seen the smile the smile on my face.
Thanks for reading my post,

New2Smoking
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Trucky1008:
Sounds really good, I'll have to give it a try. Did the injected pieces turn out any better than the one you didn't inject? Would you inject next time? Thanks
\

What i found out was that the injected Tri-Tip was way more tender but had a distintive taste, the non injected but rubbed only had way more smoke penatration for the flavor.

I have to say i thought the injected was more intence to the taste buds but the rubbed only tri-tips also had no fatcap on it so the smoke penatration was alot better, so my next cook I will be injecting with no fat cap to see if it takes more flaovrs.

Thanks for the reply,

New2Smoking
Last edited by Former Member

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.