Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

David,
Here's one way:
Get a good sized deep cycke battery, You might look into a gell cell at a marine store. Less maint. and safer to tranport.
An inverter 350 400 watt range.
This combo should run the cooker all day.
When you get home plug it into a small battery charger...the 35.00 one at sam's is fine.
I know there will be other folks chime in on this, but this is only one option.
Good luck
Bill
Been running mine on a low priced inverter sice serial no. 2, and have never had a problem. I now run #1120 &1121 off the same single small inverter. I use them for about 20 something contests a year.
Could be I got two very basic units.LOL
By the way you do have to stagger start ups or you will overload.
Troy Black had one of the nice ones like yours and he loved it. I thought it was awesome.
Bill
David,

Me and the family are visiting NYC from June 10 - 14th. Would love to have the chance to visit your restaurant. I absolutely love BBQ, but noticed your Soft Shell crabs on your website. Oh La La...if there's one thing better than BBQ, it's a nice fired soft shell samwich. Having grown up in Maryland, I just die for any chance at a "real" crab cake or soft shell.

Let me know where you're located, we'll be staying at the Lucerne, upper west side.

Take care,
C'Nooga
Bill first of all I hope you are getting better from you illness.

Thank you for your response for what I needed to get my FEC up and running. My confidence in this forum for good information never fails me. My wife never thought I would get it started, thought I got in over my head, but this old man from Arkansas, proved again, the power of reading and having confidence in cookshack and its many members. Thank You

David
www.marashomemade.com

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.