Skip to main content

I got my new FEC100 up and running tonight. I have the new IQ controller on it. I set the temp fine by holding the temp button and scrolling the arrow up until the temp went higher on the read out. When I tried to do it for the time I couldn't get it to work. It just started at 3:00 hours. It started cooking down from the 3 hour mark but I couldnt seem to ajust that time. Am I doing something wrong. I read the manual but thought maybe someone could help me. Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Yes i have read the same in the forums before i ordered mine that pushing the button a bit harder makes them work just fine... I myself had this problem but figured it real quick when i seasoned it.. Now i never have the problem and mine starts right away when i hit the start button no boot up time. but i vacume out the fire pot every time after a cook session

Nice Post for people to learn and read on..

New2Smoking
Yea, I was worried at first but it takes a firm push after one of the posters taught me. Another thing someone said was it takes about 10 seconds to boot up before the buttons will work too. I was finally pushing them hard enough but than was wondering why they were still problematic. Well I waited the 10 seconds and wa la. (:>Wink
quote:
Originally posted by nutrientcobra1:
Yea, I was worried at first but it takes a firm push after one of the posters taught me. Another thing someone said was it takes about 10 seconds to boot up before the buttons will work too. I was finally pushing them hard enough but than was wondering why they were still problematic. Well I waited the 10 seconds and wa la. (:>Wink

If you’re really want a definite answer call Cookshack and talk with Tony or Bill I’m sure they have had plenty of discussion on this maybe give you better insite that’s for sure..
Ther Customer Service is Number#1 and they will always steer you straight

All I can say is mine dose the same but work perfect after you know what to do..

New2Smoking
quote:
Originally posted by nutrientcobra1:

That's how mine work. I power it on, open the door, check the pot to make sure it's empty, come back and set the time.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.