Skip to main content

I am cosidering purchasing an fec 100. How many Prime Rib roasts can be cooked at a time in this unit/ I typically cook 6 or 8 12-down choice in my Traeger 200 with a sheet pan or two of foil wrapped potatoes above the roasts. Cooked on the upper shelves takes 2 hours for medium rare at 400 degrees. potatoes are perfect roasts are mouth watering. The problem i have is the wind and weather effect the 200 and the pellet burn is abourt 15 lbs, also i have to watch the unit constantly to be sure temp stays level.
Any input appreciated
Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Duck, I quess a grease fire with 7 or so hundred dollars of meat in the oven would generate some exitement. I would like to see the unit sometime thanks for the offer. Never have had a grease fire in the traeger 200 but had a good one in the traeger 125 with 8 large tri tips and people waiting to eat them.
Luckily caught it in time although lost a few arm hairs. Did you rotate the roasts durring the cook?
I did rotate the bottom rack to the top rack halfway through the cook. Just before the big fire I had picked up two leather gloves on sale at Williams and Senoma that almost went to my elbow. I was able to go right into the fire and save eight hundred dollars of meat that was going to a large aniversary party for a good friend of mine.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.