Skip to main content

Upon occasion I need to get my unit into the garage. In the past I lifted is over the ledge (about 2") by lifting on the hopper. Once one side is up the other can by pushed over it and into the garage.

I don't like lifting it this way- the connections between the hopper and cookbox probably weren't designed to lift the thing with (or were they?).

I could build a small ramp, but there will be other times when lifting is necessary and the ramp won't do... and I'm trying to avoid having to lift from the cart frame (which is the obvious answer). Anyone have a unique way to do this they can share?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

They also make straps for moving appliances that may help.

Or, just get a rope, tie loops on either end for handles, string it under the legs and lift the one side up over the hump. That would allow you to lift without bending.

Just don't lift up so high that thing tumbles backwards on ya.
I had a metal fab shop put bars on both sides of the FE. Nice to tie down when hauling and lift bars when I need to get into a truck or move. The one by the stack has a cross bar that is handy for holding tongs or garbage sacks, on the other side have two bars on each side of the pellet hopper for lift bars. Two people can lift this guy real easy now.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.