Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks. I've looked thru this forum for a month, never really found what I was looking for. However, like you said, bunch of info. Never smoked on a stacked smoker before, just flat surfaces. I bought a Traeger earlier this year, not a bad cooker, just needed something larger and something that will hold the temp better.

Been to a couple cooks offs just to watch, looks like fun. I need something else to do other than work all the time. Hope to see some of you folks.

Thanks,
Dale
Dale, what kind of questions are you looking for. I own three traegers, and needed the room also now own an FEC100. If you looking for something larger than a Traeger this might be the smoker for you since you know about Pellet cookers. I might be able help you out just ask away.

Craig
Hi Craig,

Just really needed to know about putting briskets and butts in. My main concern is dripping from one meat to the next. Don't know how this would effect taste and apperance for judging. I don't think that apperance would be an issue all that much since the two meats will be sliced and/or pulled, just don't know about taste.

I did find a post where they put butts on top of briskets(didn't say if they were at a cook off) and other post where they loaded the cooker all with one meat. It's not that big of an issue really, just thought I'd ask.

I should be getting the FE100 next week sometime if all goes well. Probably do my first cook off next month. Looking forward to getting away and having some fun, just hope no one calls in sick for the weekend.

Thanks,
Dale
Well Dale, It all depends on who you ask. Some people cook butts on top and let the pork fat drip on the Briskets to keep them moist. Some say to put the butts on the bottom because the act as a buffer because the bottom rack does get hotter that the upper ones. So it is really up to you on how you want to do this. Try it out and see which one fits you better. To us we have switched it up and found no diff.

Craig

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.