Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Konrad,

The vent pipe attaches to the top of the motor on the hood. From there it can be routed as needed. Depending on your local codes, you can probably use single wall flu pipe. If you contact Terri she can send you a copy of an letter from an indepentant test lab showing that the smokers do not produce grease ladden air, this is helpful for the city planning department to show that fire surpression is not needed.

Thanks,
Stuart,

Thanks. Does a letter from a lab exist for showing the FEC-100 does not produce grease laden air? I had a run in when using my FE under a 10'x10' canopy with no sides in the middle of a field and the fire inspector made me move it 3' outside the canopy because of grease laden air.
When we had our last state inspection, the inspector said most of the counties in Florida required fire suppression hoods for deep fryers, but that Duval County, or Jacksonville, didn't require them. All these differences from county to county and state to state are really confusing. I think the best thing is to get on the good side of your inspector, and find out just what is required for you.

Peggy

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.