Skip to main content

Happy to join the forum as a new Cookshack owner. Though I've been smoking for 5 years, I got a new SM025 a couple of weeks ago. After a tasty test smoke of some spare ribs, I dove into my first brisket, a 7.5 lb flat I bought at a local warehouse store.

The smoke took 13 hours at 225 (glad I started it last night, though I was awake all night, wearing oven mitts to bed, just in case). I pulled it at 193* since at 190, a toothpick seemed to hang up in the meat when testing.

I'm very pleased with the smokiness, overall taste and look of the meat. I sliced perpendicular to the grain like many posts here recommend, but the ends were sort of crumbly. Is that typical?

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Brisket_Sliced__05-29-13
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Yes that brisket looks outstanding !! Those crispy ends are terrific in a little sauce on a potato roll. My boy Jackie The Cat loves him his burnt ends.

Welcome To The Cookshack Experience, smoke a brisket overnight and not lose a bit of sleep. I do admit I open the backdoor about 3 am just to get a whiff, sometimes I find that raccoons have dragged out my drip pan to lick up the drippings. LOL

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.