Skip to main content

I have an FEC 100 with the IQ4. Last weekend, I set the cook temp at 325 to practice cooking some chicken. It went for 1 1/2 hours and got up to 290. There were 20 thighs and 6 breasts in there, so it sure was not loaded.
has anyone else had this problem? Not sure if it is something I did or did not do.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Best thing to do is call CS.

There are several variations of the IQ (my old one we changed and added the higher CFM fans) so it's really hard to say.

Shouldn't be an issue to get over 290, did you look inside and was it putting out pellets constantly? Should have looked like a blast furnace
quote:
Originally posted by GaryT:
I have an FEC 100 with the IQ4. Last weekend, I set the cook temp at 325 to practice cooking some chicken. It went for 1 1/2 hours and got up to 290. There were 20 thighs and 6 breasts in there, so it sure was not loaded.
has anyone else had this problem? Not sure if it is something I did or did not do.

I just got my new FEC100 running tonight and set it for over 400 degrees on the IQ4. It only made about 325 degrees as well. I wonder if thats all it is going to be able to do?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.