Skip to main content

I've been drooling here at these forums for sometime now, and it looks like I'm finally going to be able to get my first cookshack smoker. Unfortunately, the purchase has to be made from cabela's ($500 gift certificate), which limits my choices. I found the following at their site, and it appears to be an SM008, but there are some slight differences in description. I've looked around for what they are calling the Smokette II, but their site is the only site I can find it, so I've been unable to verify if there is actually a different model or if this is the SM008? Any help?

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link....=cookshack&noImage=0

I appreciate the assistance! I know that this is the owner's forum, but I couldn't find a better place for this subject. Thank you!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

That be an 008. It's a great smoker. I got mine a few years ago and couldn't be more pleased with only one exception.. the plating doesn't stay on the grates and they get nasty after a while.

I have a Cabella's Visa card and I started to apply everything on that card that I could. I got enough to get a "free" Amerique. I've only used it once.. but, what the hey.. it was free. I know I'll use it for Thanksgiving and Christmas when I cook for a bunch of folks.

Now I have enough to get another 008.. but, I guess one can get too much of a good thing. Eeker Cool Big Grin
I got my 009 from Cabelas in July, and it had wheels. $479.99 plus the $28.95 heavy item shipping came out to $508.94. There was only one place that had a better price, America's Best Barbecue advertises them for $478, but I don't think they ever have them in stock. I've been really happy with my 009 and with Cabelas. That was the biggest item I ever got from UPS.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.