Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hmmmmmm! I had scallops this past weekend, pan seared in butter!!!! Never smoked them before, but if I did, I'd use the most mild wood I could get as to not over power the sweetness flavor of the scallop. I would think it would be a very short smoke, you could then finish them off in a skillet w/ unsalted butter. Maybe 30 minutes of smoke?
I usually buy the larger sized scallops and wrap them in bacon. Secure with a toothpick. Brush with a little olive oil and I use a sprinkle of Old Bay or seasoned salt. Start the smoker with a mild wood, I use apple, and wait for the smoke to get going good before putting the scallops in. I smoke them at 200* for 30-45 minutes. Remove and put on a charcoal grill for 10-15 minutes to crisp up the bacon, depending on your preference.

Bob
I do it on my Weber grill. I have to use it to smoke for now. It only imparts the slightest tartness/sweet to where it touches. Very good. Makes people ask what you do different. You can't really tell whats in it till someone tells you. I like messin' wit' sasquatch if you know what I mean.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.