Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have one of the first Amerique's to come off the assembly line and it resides on my open front porch. I have a blanket that I put over it but it is nothing fancy. When the wind blows in the snow and drizzle I just take off the blanket and shake off the accumulations.

Last night is was 20 degrees here and I put on a 14# brisket at 11:00 pm at 235 degrees. The probe was set at 190 and shut about 9:15 am just after I woke up.

I have no problems with moisture in the display so I don't think it is your garage as my porch is even more of a hostile environment.

BTW, the brisket was my best ever. Used nothing but the Amerique, two wood chips, and liberal amounts of Cookshack Brisket Rub. I can not use my Amerique in competition or you all would be in trouble on the circuit. Big Grin
This may be a dumb question but have you called CS back? It sounds like their first suggestion was a temporary fix. Not all problems can be fixed on the first call. Being a x high tech support person you have to start with the most obvious cause and dig deeper from there. I'm sure CS will resolve your problem.
Jim

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.