Skip to main content

This is killer:

Andi's Righteous Rub

Mix in a spice or coffee grinder and store in a shaker. Use as a rub on any meat, as a seasoning, or as a table condiment:

2 tbs. brown sugar
4 tsp sea salt
1 tbs. ground coriander
2 1/2 tsp. EACH: cumin, ginger, onion powder, and paprika.
1 tsp. dried, ground chipotle (I just break off a bit from my dried chiptles and Anchos and throw it in the grinder)
1 tsp. ground dried Ancho
1 tsp. garlic granules
1/2 to 1 tsp cayenne

Grind all together. You will have a powder. If you want easier shaking hold back a tsp. of the salt and add that after grinding.

Rub your next chicken with this! It's probably tame for you boys, but it's perfect for mixed company. It lends itself to variations. The brown sugar is a really nice addition. Razzer
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I made that originally for the spice in an Andouille Rice dish. The aroma was so wonderful, I made more. I have some in a shaker jar, and last night we had a fabulous Lobster and Potato Soup that was made even more fabulous with this spice mix sprinkled in. I'm hooked! It's goin' on the table right next to the salt, pepper, and table sauce! Heat can easily be adjusted up or down. Razzer
Wow, that's pretty similar to one that I made a little while back!

One difference, though, is that I had some home-dried garlic that I powdered, along with some roasted and salt-dried garlic.

Another is that I added dried blood orange zest. No ginger, but added some fresh-ground allspice.

Instead of Ancho, used a dried, smoked Serrano for a little more kick.

Applied a light coating of Tenderquick and let that do it, then added a light coating of Famous Dave's Steak and Buger seasoning, then that homemade rub. Hoo-boy! That was the best brisket I've made so far... Big Grin
Well now, Joe! That rub of yours sounds mighty fine! I just happen to be on the computer looking at pepper recipes. I picked up some fresh Anaheim, Poblano, and some Tomatillos yesterday, and I'm trying to decide what to do with them...do I smoke? Do I make into a jelly? Do both? Dry for another Rub Down? I already have dried peppers. Don't you love these kind of dilemmas? Cool

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.