Skip to main content

This has been a bad weekend for my FE-100 and me.

I had twelve butts on and fourteen racks of ribs prepared for cooking yesterday. In four hours after butts were on I find a breaker had tripped. I pulled off hopper and controls and carefully dumped out all pellets, thinking maybe the auger was stuck and overloaded the circuit. Left the hopper off the cooker and operated on the ground until all pellets were out. Operated fine for 10 minutes. Reinstalled and it tripped again in less than a minute. Pulled back off and repeated first process.
Reinstalled unit and now my T-stat runs full throttle. Thermostat set at 180 and inside shelf temp 425!!!!!!. Turned stat to smoke setting and temperature now 225!! I guess my temperature controller has gone bad.

Anyone have any suggestions or something that I might have missed? Iced down everything tonight and will try again tommorrow. If anything I am still able to cook at the smoke setting which is 225.

Your thoughts are appreciated!!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

You may have more than one problem. Sounds like the glow rod that initial ignites the pellets is shorting out. That's what usually throws the GFI receptacle and it happens when the metal rod pits. The others are right about your temp issues, sounds like the board. Static electricity can potential damage a circuit board. It may have happened when you started disassembling things.

Rod
Customer service is everything. I just got off the phone with Represenative and they stated the labor to repace T-state, igniter and controler is going to be very labor intinsive. They agreeded to take back my year old unit and refurbish to sale and replace with the new FE 100 use that was used as demo with the digital controler. Sounds like a good deal for me. What could be wrong with this picture if any?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.