Here is a great recipe I use for beer can chicken. I like to smoke chickens on beer cans because it not only gives me an excuse to have a few beers, but they always turn out tender and juicy.
1. a 3 or 4 pound chicken
2. 1/2 cup melted butter (room temperature)
3. 2 tablespoons of Tony Chachere's seasoning (more for a spicier chicken)
4. 1-teaspoon garlic powder
5. 1/2 cup vinegar
1. olive oil
2. Tony Chachere's seasoning.
1. apple Cider
2. a Spray Bottle
1. a beer of your choice (1/2 full)
2. 3 cloves of garlic
3. about 3 tablespoons of chopped garlic
1. Whisk all injection ingredients together.
2. Using a kitchen syringe, inject the liquid into various spots on the chicken. Try to be even as possible, injecting about 1/2 of the mixture into the breasts, and the other 1/2 throughout the rest of the chicken.
3. Rub the chicken down with olive oil, and apply an even layer of Tony's to the bird.
4. Drink half of the beer, widen the opening at the top of the can, then put the garlic and onion in the can.
5. Place the bird on the can. It should sit up by itself.
6. Preheat your smoker to about 250 F degrees. I use hickory for chicken, charcoal works well too.
7. Put the chicken on the smoker and spray the chicken with the apple cider about every 30 minutes.
8. Smoke the chicken for 3-4 hours, or until the internal temperature of the thickest meat reaches 180 F Degrees.