Skip to main content

I've been cooking on the Cookshack FEC-120 for a couple of weeks. I couldn't be happier with the versatility of this cooker. I decided that the 120 is such an suburb cooker with even temperatures everywhere that it warranted a little upgrade. I've been talking with CS, especially with Tony M and here is what we came up with for my "Cookshack FEC-120, v JMM (Jerky Makin Machine). I hope to try it out this weekend, if I do, pics will be posted. Sorry, I couldn't find a help note to embed this image.

I've been cooking on the Cookshack FEC-120 for a couple of weeks. I couldn't be happier with the versatility of this cooker. I decided that the 120 is such an suburb cooker with even temperatures everywhere that it warranted a little upgrade. I've been talking with CS, especially with Tony M and here is what we came up with for my "Cookshack FEC-120, v JMM (Jerky Makin Machine). Shown with 14 racks, can hold 13 more, but I want to make sure there is enough circulation. I hope to try it out this weekend, if I do, pics will be posted.

I bought my first Cookshack 20 years ago, still the best people to work with of any manufactures I've had the pleasure to work with, Thanks!

Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Good Job BD.

Not sure about the air flow with that spacing, so look forward to your results to see them actual shelves in action.

For posting pics, you did just fine, but there is a help topic at the top of the Open Forum:

"How to Post Pics"

Great minds think alike. CS and I designed those side racks a number of years ago. I wanted to see how many racks I could fit in my FE. I think I maxed it out at 30. I wanted it so I could have more flexibility and where I placed that racks since the dimension of the meat isn't always the same.

The racks weigh about 30 pounds apiece.

Ten Point, not sure the cost, mine was done for R&D.
Sorry folks, I didn't see that this old thread had seen some action. I try and locate some images of jerky cooks and post. Smokin, if one doesn't load up the individual racks and allows a little spacing air flow is fine and the end product is great. Heffneil, I spoke with Tony at CS and he was able to get them fabricated for me. I can smoke almost 30 lbs of meat at one time with this setup.

BD

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.