Skip to main content

This is my first post on this forum and I am hoping someone can help me figure out why my FEC overtemped twice in a competition. I've only had it for about 3 months and it has not performed like it should. CS sent me a new fan and thermocouple the first time, and now a new controller module. Still not working right. Set it for 180 and it overshot, reaching 270. I don't know what is going on. I'm ready to go back to my stick burner. Has anyone else here had this problem?
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Sorry you hadn't stopped by sooner, I think we can help (I think, because I'm trying to understand for sure).

So, the overshoot is when you start up? Start up sooner so it will stablize with time.

When it first starts, it's throwing pellets out to try and start a fire. The overshoot is completely normal.

What I do, is as it's approaching the temp I want, I open the door and dump heat so it won't have as much overshoot.

Have you just turned it on, let it run for say an hour.

How is it for temp after that time?
Well for me this was a simple fix for my IQ4, i leaned to warmup the unit for about and hour before the cook, i found out that it held the temp great and less temp swings, also note i have about 30 cooks on mine since i bought it this year and after bieng told let the unit break in, i see what there saying the more cooking i do on it the more stable my temp hold is.

Hope this helps

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.