Skip to main content

I know there is a thermal excessive temp auto shutdown but I think I have a problem.I was just cooking chicken at 370-390 range. Never once went into 400's, after 45 minutes the unit just shut off. I open the door, dumped heat, and in less than 30 seconds I was able to turn unit to off and then on again. I came right back on. I know this is NOT normal and will call tomorrow, but anyone with any ideas tonight? thanks.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Heres whats going on. I know this because it has happened to me also so I called CS. There is a new temp shut off switch that is in all the new smokers. This switch was put in place for the UL rating so if the fire does get out of control then the unit shuts down. This switch does this at a temp of 450. Then when you opened the door it had to go down to or below 350 before the unit will start up again. It is a safety feature no big deal.

Craig
FireHouseBBQ.us

Craig
Ah but the temp read 390. I was standing there watching because the chicken was ready to come off. Tony wants me to put another thermometer inside and try again. That was just enough to push me over the edge . I was preparing for Lakeland over the weekend and realized I had no help except for the day of competition. The physical exhaustion of getting things together, plus a glitch in the Motor home made me decide not to go this weekend. If someone needs a spot 20 x 40 that is already paid for let me know. perhaps they will let you use it. Just too much going on in my life to make it fun this weekend.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.