Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

How are determining this...ie, what is the end result? Are the temps higher than what you're setting them for? Pellets not burning properly? A little more info might help.

Pellet flow is determined by the control board, which cycles the auger motor every so often. I believe it's 18 second intervals. How old is the FEC100 and what version control board is it? When first turned on, the version number is displayed...V46, V78, etc

If you can't get resolution via the forum, call Cookshack customer service during normal business hours. Bill or Tony can offer you expert advise. They do not monitor these forums.

Good luck.
Sounds like your pot/draft fan is not working. You will also need to clean the internal temp if that(the pot fan) is the problem and you replace the fan.

I just had this problem a couple comps ago.

Take the side cover off. Turn on the smoker and start it as if you were going to smoke something, the fan should then be running(its at the very bottom), if not give it a little spin and see if it starts.
I agree with Cal. I had posted a response in your other thread, but have since deleted it so we don't have 2 on the same topic.

This issue isn't the speed of the pellets it's the fire. It would handle a lot (think trying to set a heat like 375°) to get to a high heat.

If there isn't air moving across the fire (that's why there is a fan and holes in the firepot) then it won't have oxygen to burn.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.