Skip to main content

I am getting ready for this years competitions and am trying to come up with a comprehensive parts list for the fec100 in case something breaks while on the road.

Any of you have one, with help as to where to find each item (assuming I can get it other than at Cookshack)?

If not, lets try to make one through this thread.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

If you're talking competitons, might move this to the comp thread.

You going to compete this year?

Well, you can't get the parts except through CS, especially if you expect to keep any warranty. Traeger sells them, as replacements to traeger owners.

Might be some odds and ends you can get from others. But if you start mixing and matching, you can't guarantee the parts will fit/work. But that's just me.

You can pretty much look at your machine and see the working parts and have replacements.

There have been a few posts about parts that have stopped for whatever reason, at contests,

Here's a start:

Controller (had one with an electrical problem during an electrical storm)
Igniter (burned one up with a backdraft fire)
Auger (no problem)
Auger pin (no problem)
Fuse (no problem
My list is pretty much like TN Joe and Colorado Brad. I carry a bottle of starter gel instead of an igniter. I can't see changing an igniter at a contest. And I carry extra controller fuses. While you have a spare on the back of the controllers, I learned how many you can go through when you are trying to figure out that you have a bad auger motor. Well worth a trip to Radio Shack.
A bottle of Everclear also works well if you are out of the gel. Used Everclear to start my smoker for about 6 months before I got around to installing a new ignitor. Batteries have also been a big help and I just need to get a better inverter as the fan is noisy on an inverter and not on regular power.

Mark

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.