Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

In my opinion, you will have a better product to serve with pulled pork than with ribs. Not that the ribs will be bad, PP is just easier and maintains more of its original state.

Smoke the butts at home, keep whole, chill, put in ziploc bags(possibly even double up on them so no water leaks in from cooler) and transport to party in cooler. Then just reheat the butts in a 275* oven for about 1-2 hours until it reaches an internal temp of 145. Take out and pull just before you need it. If it is a little dry, put a 50/50 mixture of BBQ sauce and apple juice on it. Should moisten it right back up.
Ribdog...I have a question on the reheating. I tried this last week, initially starting out with a 250 oven. The butts were around 4# cooked weight and were put in right out of the fridge. I did not want to let them sit to room temp. It took 3+ hours to reach 140 internal, and that was only after cranking the heat up to 300. I keep a log on my smokes and it takes about five hours to reach 160 on the initial cook. It seems to me that the reheat time would be comparable (at least it was on this first attempt). I loved the way the finished product kept its moistness but I am a little puzzled over the actual reheating times.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.