Skip to main content

Just curious. I have a dinner to serve tonight. I just pulled a 10lb brisket at 195. It cooked a little faster (at 225) than usual and now I'm wondering what to do with it for the next 9 hrs. It is now wrapped in foil and I think I will pop it back into the elite at 175 and let it sit for a few more hours. Do you think this will be OK? It is a little too late to wrap and cooler it as it has already dropped to 180.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Personally, I'd leave it in the foil refrigerate it until around 3 hours before serving time. Take it out and let it come to room temp then put it on a rack in a roasting pan with 1" of water, cover tightly with foil then into an oven that's been preheated to 275F-300F. Have a digital probe inserted and take it to an IT of 170F. If more time is still needed, then FTC it.
You have probably done as dls said and it should be ok.

Just a thought,if it was heavily and tightly foiled with no air pockets,and you knew you could hold your cooker around 150* It should hold for the nine hrs.

We have been caught and had to hold multiple large meats in a cambro for that long and they were fine.

You may find vendors for large events finish large meats after all night cooks, packed into 120 qt coolers.They will pull meats out as they are needed to serve and are fine.

Just a possibility.
quote:
Originally posted by 66merc:
..The point I chopped into burnt ends and cooked low all day. It turned out fantastic.

All day? Normally it wouldn't take but from 1 to 3 hours.

And me? I wouldn't hold that hot, it will start drying to meat out. Hold it more like 140 to 150 for better quality, especially for longer holds.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.