Skip to main content

Hey guys just wanted to let you know there is a Maverick ET-901 at http://www.woot.com today. The price is 19.99 plus 5.00 shipping. That is half of the amazon price. I watch this site everyday for specials. I am not sure if I will get one, seems the reviews are mixed but for the price there may be some here that will give one a try.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Minor problem with this unit is you can not set YOUR target temp. It has preprogrammed numbers only. The voice is most annoying and it can not be muted. When communications are interrupted for a brief moment, it starts talking again and you have to acknowledge it or it goes on and on. I tried one and it is setting on a shelf now collecting dust. It is useless except for a back yard griller.
I have this model...bought it on Woot several years ago. You can set your own temperature and I use it every time I load up my Smokette. It is well worth the $25!

I do agree with the previous poster...the voice is annoying! I set the wrong temperature once when doing an "overnight" brisket and the whole family woke up at 4am to "YOUR FOOD IS ALMOST READY". The family was not happy....but their mood improved the next day when they were sucking up that big ol' piece of tasty smoked meat.

If you need a wireless unit....I recommend this one. It is reliable....you can set your own temperature...and the price is right.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.