Skip to main content

Is it broken or am I missing something?

When I turn on my new FEC 100 the message blinks and rotates between “SET TEMP AND PUSH START” and “SET TIME AND PUSH START”.

Holding MODE and pressing the up down keys has no effect.

Holding COOK TEMP and pressing the up down keys has no effect.

Holding COOK TIME and pressing the up down keys has no effect.

Holding HOLD TEMP and pressing the up down keys has no effect.

Pressing the HOLD TEMP, COOK TEMP, COOK TIME, MODE, START, or UP DOWN keys by themselves does nothing

Pressing the “RIBS or CHICKIN” or “Briskets” button causes a beep sound and returns to the flashing message

Pressing “RESET” Resets the controller.

When power is first turned on or when I press “RESET” the system comes up with message “FC46” prior to “SET TEMP AND PUSH START” and “SET TIME AND PUSH START”.

Am I doing something wrong or should I go find another grill for the day?

Brad
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Have you ever used it or is this the first time?

Turn it on, wait 20 to 30 sec.

After that, hold down the temp button and set temp

Then hold down the time button and set time

Then start.

The problem is that it takes a few seconds for the IQ when it starts up, you can't enter anything IMMEDIATELY. Give it a few sections.
I thought I’d give it another shot today and interestingly enough everything seems to work fine. I didn’t marinade or rub down my ribs last night assuming the equipment wouldn’t work. I threw them on anyhow and they’re not too bad at all.

I’m looking forward to trying again next weekend.
BSEC,

I don't know your setup or where you keep your FEC, but I'm glad things are working for you now. I know that once you get the hang of it you can throw some briskets or butts in when you go to bed and have some delish waiting for you when you wake up! Keep in touch with everyone!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.