Skip to main content

Went to the cabelas store Sunday. In there cooking section they sold "smoking assesories". Picked up a rib rack with 7 slots in it that will fit into my smokett. It only cost $7.00. Have not used it yet but am sure I will be able to fit 5 racks cut it half in my smoker. That is if I use two of these, on two racks. Looked in the catalog, These racks were not in there, but they do sell them in the store, Maybe they are online?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

That is the racks. I have cooked with them now and I do think people should try them. Two fit nicely in a 008, so they should fit any cs. As long as they are not too thick you can get a lot of ribs in when you smoke. I only cooked two rib racks on smoking rack but it fit easy. They were cut in half. Only problem, I like to mop any time I open the door, it is harder to mop with ribs on side.
quote:
Originally posted by BigAl:
That is the racks. I have cooked with them now and I do think people should try them. Two fit nicely in a 008, so they should fit any cs. As long as they are not too thick you can get a lot of ribs in when you smoke. I only cooked two rib racks on smoking rack but it fit easy. They were cut in half. Only problem, I like to mop any time I open the door, it is harder to mop with ribs on side.

You shouldn't be opening the door.
Old habits die hard, I always mopped when I cooked ribs on the grill. To be honest I am still working on my ribs, think I can get them better. I have to open the door to see if they are ready. The first time I open the door at 4.5 hours. I like what vineger does to the taste, son I mix some of that in my mop. Been reading alot of post on ribs, mine are not bad but will be better. My dad always said "Never had a bad rib, some just lot better than others"

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.