Skip to main content

Hello all, after seeing by bud's 008 and this forum (that he recommended) and trying his brisket and ribs I am hooked.
Now the story. Ordered a 008 from America's Best BBQ on September 5. M/C billed the next day
Still waiting October 9th, have e-mailed and called they are very slow to respond saying it will be 2-4 weeks for delivery.
I did get a good price and free shipping?
Called cookshack to check on backorders nice lady said they are in stock and ready to ship.
She did giggle and say cheaper is not always better.
So some day I will enjoy my own smoker and with the knowledge I have gained from this forum it will be great eating experience.
spikeQ
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I didnt have a problem with America's Best BBQ when I ordered my Cookshack. I received it in about 5 or 6 business days after I placed my order. They emailed me with status of the order and a few others here on the site also emailed me telling me that they had no problems with the same results on their orders from America's Best. I placed my order in August I beleive...not sure why they are being so slow with you.

I would call America's Best and talk to a manager and get some attention. There should be no excuse or reason for such slow delivery and they owe you an answer.

Preston D
Call the Company (1-800-814-6815) and ask for the Customer Service manager and tell him/her this kind of service is unacceptable . Tell them you want your smoker by this weekend or cancel the order. Don't be afraid to ask for some kind of compensation either (wood, racks, cover, rubs etc). Most they can do is say "no." If they are uncooperative, I agree with C'Nooga, cancel the order and go elsewhere.

My $0.02...
I don't mean to Flame America's best BBQ.
I hate bad service, when I call all I ever get is an answering machine. When I e-mail it takes days if ever to reply.
I searched the forum about them and seemed OK to order with them.
People should know about bad service from a company.
I should have got it from Cookshack.
If you reed the fine print There is a restock fee, cancellation fee, plus charges for shipping
if cancelled.

spikeQ
Hey Spike,
I think you get those charges if they ship it to you. Since you didnt even get the order I would call them again and demand that they call you back.

When I was talking with them they left me a phone number for the service associate and they were very responsive.

Regards,
Preston
Well, I too am in the same boat. I ordered a 055 about 2 weeks ago, I thought I would be smoking by now.They dont answer the phone and email is slow. When they did reply they said it take 2 to 4 week to ship from the distrubuter. also I will recive via email a shipping tracking number. Boy I am getting hungry reading this forum. If you find a contact to move it along letme know. thanks
Hi, I looked but unfortunately I dont have the email anymore. I am sorry, I looked first time I saw this post.

Its a shame these nice folks are having such trouble cause the price and free shipping is a good deal.

Still seems though if they havent shipped that there should be a restocking charge unless they are drop shipping or something.

Sorry I wish I could be more help...

Preston
spike Q,I ordered mine from americas best bbq like Preston D,& you did.I did not have any problems at all,as a matter of fact I also received mine in about 5 days & they also E-mailed me a tracking # so that I could track it,which I did.instead of the 2 weeks like they said.I have had good service with them.I don't know what the hold up could be but I would contact them & see like everyone else said,hopefully just an honest mistake.let us know how it goe's.

Richard
WOO-HOO it came today and it sure is nice.
Breakin it in right now.

I called them again Monday and let a message and they called back later that day, said they had a hard time getting them from the supplier so orders were backed up.
Don't you wish they would tell you up front, I guess allot would back out.
Does America's Best BBQ have a store front or are they a mail order place

This weekend will be good eating!!
Thanks, spikeQ
I checked the born on date September 15, that would be 2 weeks after I orderd it.They are not setting around. HOT item.

I like to buy fresh.

Did some chicken today and it was ok but not great
I will read more and try more.

spikeQ

I left messages and E-mail and a lady called the day before it arrived.
Hey SpikeQ,

On your emails there should be a contact name and
information. Can you email that to ciscokid and
let him know?

There is nothing like the sweet smell of that
first seasoning smoke...the anticipation is
something else...

Hope everybody elses order comes in quickly.

Preston D
Hey ciscokidd, I think yours will be on the way like the other folks getting theirs now. I think they just did a batch ship or something. Maybe Cookshack sells them a volume discount and it takes a while to get that and send it out. I would think they could dropship the smokers.

Hang in there it will come....

Bbqnj, it is a well built unit. I bought a used one maybe 5 or 6 years ago (finally gave it to a brother-in-law and bought a new one).

As smokin says, read the forum read the forum...

Regards,

Preston
cool, thanks everyone. hopefully ciscokidd will get his soon and we can have a thread for ourselves since it seems that we are all starting new.

anyways, i was thinking, does it matter if the meat touches the wall? the manual said that there should be like an inch or 2 from the meat to the wall. if thats the case, it seems that i may only be able to fit 2 7.5 pound boston butts.
If you season the smoker, there's no issue with it touching the wall. It will shrink.

Only time you should run into this issue would be a really large brisket or huge pork butt.

That being said I would stick a full slab of ribs in and lay them up the side of the smoker, you need all the meat exposed to the smoke to get the flavor, sticking to the walls prevents that.
Okie, do you mean to say "...I wouldn't stick a full slab of ribs in and lay them up the side of the smoker..."?

I'm assuming so, since the meat on the ribs shrinks parallel to the ribs, but there's not much lateral shrinkage.

Now a big sumo 14+ pound brisket will be touching walls in a Smokette, but after a while will shrink to fit.
Oh I SEE how you guys are... 5000+ post and ONE little mistake...uh huh.

No, actually he didn't Razzer

I didn't edit it BECAUSE...

I didn't want to make Dennis look silly. Read this post after I edited it and he would look silly.

I took the hit so he could look good AND you guys could have fun with me.

Always willing to be the one to poke a little fun at.

Fine, now I'll go delete all the posts and keep my mistake free record...not.

Thanks guys, you made me laugh!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.