Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Welcome Dave.

Questions and Problems?

We're here to help. Best I can suggest is to read through the FE forums, not the other forums, for info on your FE.

And don't hesitate to ask questions or problems, we're a mutual support group for Pelletheads and we're usually a pretty friendly group, even during comp season.

Sorry John i'll have to disagree. The CS book times and etc are for the electric CS's AND in the forum we've all decided the times are off anyway. Reason? the books are pretty old and so are the recipes and given when it was written, they THOUGHT the times were right. Recipes are good, you just need to adjust times.

Definitely do a butt first.

My only suggestion to new owners is to watch out for the blast of heat from below. Others don't seem to have the issue, but if I leave a butt or brisket in mine, I get the side facing down to be too crispy.

With that many WSM's you've obviously got some experience, and you'll adapt fast.
I was amazed! that rack of ribs was unreal for such a short cooking time. The FE sause is on the top of my list,for ribs anyway.

And thanks to Joe for coming out, and helping me fire her up! BBQ is amazing! It is one of very few events that can bring two total strangers together to talk,share idea's and Drool over a piece of meat!
God Bless America
DAVE

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.