Skip to main content

Just got the SM045 earlier this week, got a refurbished unit and have to say that that I am very happy with the unit, it looks like new,

I seasoned the unit, had an issue with the temp reading called customer service any they helped out immediately and solved the problem.

I was uncertain of my choice as i was evaluating other units such as smokin tex, masterbuilt etc and after reading the forums especially this one that has a lot of rich content i made the decision to go with CS, the only problem i had after was deciding on which unit,

It was an easy decision, I read in the forum that CS has from time to time refurbished units, I called and they had the SM045 and the decision was easy.

I have a Weber Gas Grill, WSM, Grill dome ceramic cooker, and I love to BBQ,

For all of those people on the edge, u cannot go wrong with CS, great quality, great customer service, great forum and built in the us (from canada eh) and ease of use and u can use in any temperature

I have already made one cook yesterday and results were great, next time will use less wood, going to do some baby back ribs today and brisket next week
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Cheers to you mate!!

I am in the process of shopping a smoker or two for my restaurant. I have been debating the SM240 or a couple of FEC100's.

Its encouraging to hear success stories and tails of its user friendly behavior.
I would like my employees to be able to run the smoker as well. To many stories of fires in the FEC100 on this fourum. I'm sure its a great unit, but I need to leave them run over night and go home and sleep.

Sorry to hi-jack your post...what I really wanted to ask is, are you happy with the smoke flavor? Vs. pit BBQ, does it compair?
Yes I am happy with the smoke flavour, I am still a newbie and hope to provide more fdk in the next few weeks as I perform more cooks and experiment.
I started with a Gas grill and then got a WSM, which is a great unit, it produced excellent BBQ, great taste and smoke, however I never was able to get it to 225 F and never wanted to attempt a long cook because i was concerned with trying too hold the temp etc (maybe too lazy)
I then graduated to a ceramic cooker, it is great for grilling, roasting and smoking, pizza etc I primarilily used if for grilling and i liked the taste and operated it at approx 350 F and did some indirect cooking

The CS compliments all of my BBQ's. Hope this helps

With the CS
quote:
Originally posted by Hogs&BeerInc.:
... To many stories of fires in the FEC100 on this fourum.

Hogs. Since this is for a restaurant, you might want to post in the PROS forum and ask a few guys who have them. Those guys don't normally see posts over here.

From someone who's had 4 for 5 years, I think what you're seeing is that the negative shows up in posts and you notice that.

There are 100's of users you never hear from.

Two things solve the fire problem.

One. Being level. Great can't pool.

Two. Clean. Don't let the grease build up and create a fire potential.

There are some basics.

CALL CS, tell them your concerns and talk to them about it.

No pressure at all, but they'll talk to you straight.

Have there been issues, yes. Common? Definitely not.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.