Skip to main content

UPS just dropped off my 008, i unboxed it, read the instructions, put a few chunks of wood in and set her to 200 for seasoning.

went out to check it an hour later, GFCI was tripped. got out an extension cord and plugged er into that (non GFCI), turn to 200, touch the top of the smoker and get juiced!!! What the heck!

Anyone experience this with the Smokette? Perhaps this is the model made special for the yankees?

I plan on calling CS first thing in the morning, in the meantime has anyone seen this before?

I need to get smokin! got a big brisket rubbed and ready to go thats going to go bad.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Regarding tripping the GFI. I had the same problem on my same unit. I was given another
unit to try and had the same problem... I called
Cookshack and they sent me another element to install and it worked fine. It only takes about
20 minutes to replace. According to Cookshack,
sometimes you get a run of touchy elements. They
will help you get the problem corrected.
I called CS yesterday @ 10am, explained my problem. Today i woke up to the ups man at 8am with the new element. it is now 9am and the smokette is seasoning with no problems so far.

It is disappointing when you get a defective product, however the company stepped up and made it right in less than 24 hours.

Thanks CS (and Tony) !!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.