Skip to main content

Just drove 2 hours up to Ponca City and 2 hours back to pick up my new SM045 smoker. Been waiting to buy it for 2 months now and was looking forward to smoking a brisket for my dad for his birthday on Sunday. Get home, follow the directions on how to assemble it. Plug it in and I get A.A.A on the top read out and then .A. on the bottom readout. And it's very dim. It immediately starts heating up too but you can't change any settings. You can turn it on and off but that's all that happens. Can somebody help me out?!? I wanna get to smokin!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Yup, I checked them all both onthe board and in the back of the smoker. Had good voltage where I was supposed too and ground where I was supposed too.

I talked to Tony (customer service) late this afternoon and we walked through all the checks for troubleshooting. He decided that it was the board that was bad since it wasn't keeping the relay engaged. He's sending me out a new control unit to swap out. I'll update when I get the unit in. I'm looking forward to smokin soon!
Just wanted to give an update. Tuesday I recieved the new control unit from Tony and got it hooked up. The smoker came on and worked just like it was supposed too. I seasoned it for 5 hours with a chunk of apple wood and that worked great. Tomorrow morning I'm going to fire it up and toss a 7 pound brisket in for Dad's birthday dinner finally. We are looking forward to it! So far I've been super happy and pleased with Cookshack and their Customer Service. Huge A+ to Tony for all the help and information!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.