Skip to main content

I  have had my sm045 for several years and now I cannot read the display numbers.  Part of the digits are missing and you cannot tell if it is a 2 or 3 any more.  Is anyone else having these problems?  Any suggested fixes short of replacing the controller assembly for almost $300 dollars?

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

See if CS sells just the display board.  Also, if you disassemble the controller, you may be able to see the manufacturer and order direct if you don't want to go with an entire new controller unit.  If you can read the display in the dark, then I would believe that the plastic viewing window has become fogged with smoke and should be cleanable.  Alternately, you can purchase an Auber PID controller.

You should be OK with one of the 1500 series units.  Ignore the reference to Bradley.  Several people with another brand of electric smoker have installed these controllers.  They either use as is or or bypass the built in controller and hard wire the Auber.  The results of all this tinkering led to the smoker company to adopt the Auber technology and build it in to their smokers.

https://www.auberins.com/index...ndex&cPath=14_28

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.