Skip to main content

Just finished a great meal on the SM150. Here are the details. Costco 6.65lb brisket flat with fat left on one side not trimed off. Butt rub on both sides. 4oz of Hickory wood with 2 brickets of kingsford in the fire box. smoker set to 200 degrees and put inb the meat at 10pm last night. Set the probe to 195 and forget about it. I did put in the accessory container that goes inside the smoker 1/2 filled with apple cider vinegar for additional moisture which is really not necessary.At 6am thismorning I increased the cook temperature to 225. At 8am i increased to temp to 230. At 8:45am I took out the brisket and poured about 1 cup of ROOT BEER Soda into a triple foile wrap and closed it up tight and put the probe back in the openingat the end of the foil wrap.Increased the temp to 240 and added 3 racks of baby backs. Took out the brisket at 195 degrees at 12:30 this afternoon and left in the foil and wrapped it in a towel and put into a insulated cooler until dinner at 4:30pm. Fantastic brisket and the ribs were great also. Took the ribs out at about 200 degrees also wrapped in foil after2 hours of cooking.
I think that flats are much more difficult as described in this forum and by foiling them they can be better than without IMHO.
Scott
Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.