Skip to main content

Didn't know Cookshack existed and was waiting for an upcoming sale at Bass Pro Shop to buy what would have been an inferior smoker. Just before I was to commit with BPS, I remember my wife telling me that her boss brought a smoker about a year prior and that he had nothing but praise for the quality of the product that it produced.

It turns out that he has the Cookshack Smokette 020 and he recommended the 025 because of the temperature probe. He has purchased several thermometers and all have failed.

I checked out Cookshack's website and ordered the Smokette 025 on May 12, (three days before they went on sale). The smoker arrived in four days but the box had a hole in it. I got a sick feeling, in my stomach, as I lifted the smoker out of the packing box. The rear corner was buckled, not too bad, but I was afraid to keep it so I called UPS and it was picked up the next day.

I check this website daily and learned a lot, but I caution one not to read just before bedtime, as I found my mouth watering and I couldn't go to bed without a snack.

My smoker should arrive on Tuesday (today is Sunday) and my enthusiasm at work, developed for the Smokette from reading the website, has two potential customers already lined up. I think they want to "taste the product" first.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Ah, I guess I will just wait.
I purchased it through the internet site, and its just a little dissapointing that it does not warn you that its back ordered before you place the order.

If I would of known that I more than likely would of bought it elsewhere, but I guess the wait will give me time to "study up" a littleSmiler
First post here.

Never used or owned a smoker, but after accumulating a freezer full of salmon and steelhead, and paying a local commercial smoker $3.5 per pound (wet weight) to smoke fish, I finally took the plunge.

Got the SM025 about 2 months ago. Have been completely happy with it and have never looked back!

I've smoked up about a 100 pounds of salmon/steelhead, a few chickens (brined and unbrined) and am attempting to smoke up a brined turkey tomorrow. Read the turkey pages and am shooting for a 250 degree smoke for about 4 hours, using no more than 3 ounces of alder.

In the short time I've owned and used the smoker, I've learned that it's not a good idea to use too much wood! A little bit goes a long way.

Very happy with the SM025 and would recommend it to anyone looking for a smaller smoker that isn't lacking in features or performance.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.