Skip to main content

From infancy, Smokin' Okie exhibited a strong interest in Q, and in fact began competing at age 2 with his brother Greg. In honor of Smokin's birthday on Friday, August 31, we are displaying these rare photos of Smokin' and Greg in the early days of Smokin's career. Please post comments and wish Smokin' a happy birthday!

Attachments

Images (4)
  • russ_and_greg_laugh-web
  • more_q_please-web
  • hot_dogs-web
  • russ_tells_greg_how_to_eat_ribs-web
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Guys, I'm speechless....Now I'm just glad they didn't show ALL the baby photos.

Donna, you turn will come. Twila, you're guilty too, you helped.

Now I know why Twila was asking for pictures of me with a grill/smoker, but they didn't HAVE them way back when. We just dug a hole in the ground Big Grin

Thanks, it's nice to be remembered.
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinOkie:
Guys, I'm speechless....Now I'm just glad they didn't show ALL the baby photos.

Donna, you turn will come. Twila, you're guilty too, you helped.

Now I know why Twila was asking for pictures of me with a grill/smoker, but they didn't HAVE them way back when. We just dug a hole in the ground Big Grin

Thanks, it's nice to be remembered.

Smokin' We know from some of your posts that you've NEVER been speechless! For cryin; out loud, some of them are borderline novels! Big Grin

...And, how could you have dug a hole to smoke in...? Donna told us you're older than dirt!

But, anyway you cut it Smokin, "you Da Man!" when it comes to "Q."

Hope your birthday is a very special one!
quote:
Originally posted by Donna:
Hope you are having a great day, Smokin'! Best wishes for many more happy birthdays to come.

Got a big celebration planned?

Birthday golf in about an 2 hours.

The family wanted me to cook BBQ for dinner (LOL) but we're going out instead. But I'll probably have to pay Big Grin

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.