Skip to main content

Had 18 pork butts in the smoker friday/saturday and the temperature was all over the place.  Had it set for 220 and the air temperature overnight was low 60's.   I've used it a few times this year and the temperature would go up/down a few degrees but Friday it was bouncing 15 to 20 degrees above and below the 220 set temp.  I'm going to call customer service tomorrow, (which from past experience are AMAZING ) but just wondering if there is something that I may need to replace that's on it's way out or something I may have done when I cleaned it the last time? ( It was really greasy after doing a brisket, then prime rib, chicken and ribs all back to back )

Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

Thank you !

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I just received my FEC100 on Friday and decided to do 2 test runs this weekend to see how it holds temp.    First test on Saturday was set at 225 but was getting oven temps of 300-325 constantly..   Second test yesterday, I had set at 180 and was hanging around 225 but would occasionally go down to around 175-185 for a brief amount of time.   I'm sorry I'm no help but I am curious to hear what customer service says when you call.

schjam - I just hung up with Bill in  customer service. My problem is most likely improper loading.  18 pork butts at once is a large load and I needed to readjust them.  Other problem could be my combustion fan. I need to make sure it was working properly and if not replace it.  Check the troubleshooting guide on line.  It's pretty helpful.  Otherwise call the 800 number. customer service is great. Expect to wait on hold a little bit. They will walk you thru everything you need to know/do.   They are second to none when it comes to helping their customers !

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.